AEJMC Publications Committee
- The Publications Committee is responsible for the oversight of the three association-wide journals: Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly, Journalism and Mass Communication Educator and Journalism and Communication Monographs.
- Members participate in two face-to-face meetings each year. One during the annual conference and the other at the AEJMC December meeting.
- The committee’s responsibilities include working with current editors during their terms to ensure the highest possible standards for the journals as well as developing plans to encourage quality submissions.
- When editor terms are up, the committee is responsible for issuing a call for applicants and then evaluating applications. The process normally involves interviews with promising candidates.
- The committee will monitor, along with the AEJMC Board, the new publishing process with Sage Publications.
- The committee also explores, and recommends, new publication needs for the association.
- Committee terms are for three years.
<< Elected Committees