Scripps Howard Foundation Visiting Professor Grant
Members are invited to apply for the 2017-18 Scripps Howard Foundation Visiting Professor Grant in Media Ad Sales.
One member will be selected to receive a grant funding two weeks of summer study at E. W. Scripps Company Headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. The visiting professor will be introduced to numerous aspects of advertising sales that support social media and/or digital marketing while at Scripps. The goal is for the visiting professor to apply this new knowledge to classroom instruction in the fall.
A second phase of the program provides funds for a professional from Scripps to travel to the professor’s school for three to five days during the 2017-18 academic year. This media ad sales specialist will be involved in a variety of activities while on campus, depending on the needs of the participating professor and the school.
The Scripps Howard Foundation has $4,000 total available for the application selected for the program. The first phase of the program provides $3,000 to the visiting professor for travel, housing and other expenses for the two-week onsite visit. The second phase provides $1,000 for the reciprocal visit by the media venue professional. No additional money is available if expenses exceed these amounts.
Applicants must be fulltime faculty and current AEJMC members. Graduate students are not eligible for these grants.
The expectation for the selected visiting professor is that he/she is contributing his/her time to go on the venue visit, and will plan and implement the professional’s visit to campus (with that person’s input).
Application packets should include the following:
(1) Explain what courses you are teaching in fall 2017 and winter/spring 2018 that would be enhanced by this experience.
(2) Explain briefly why you would like to participate in the program.
(3) Provide some ideas regarding what a media ad sales specialist might do while visiting your campus.
(4) Include full contact information (email address and telephone number).
(5) Include a three-page vita.
(6) Include a statement that if you are selected for the program, you agree to spend two weeks at the selected media venue prior to the start of fall 2017 classes; you will use the experience to enhance your teaching; and you will plan and execute a reciprocal visit by the media venue representative during either the 2017 fall or 2018 spring semester.
The deadline to apply for the program is 5 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, April 12.
Send the above information in one file as a pdf via email to Lillian Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An AEJMC committee will select the award recipient, and the process is expected to be very competitive. Awardee will be notified in early May. Please direct questions to Lillian Coleman, AEJMC project manager, at email@example.com.